A research made by Finance Football shows the annual salary of the head coaches of the National teams that will play the 2022 FIFA World Cup, in Qatar. Hans-Dieter Flick (Germany) is the best paid, with an annual pay of €6.5 million, ahead of England’s manager Gareth Southgate, who earns about €5.8 million per year.
French national team will defend the title they conquered 4 years ago in Russia and their leader Didier Deschamps is also amongst the best paids managers in the world, with earnings of €3.8 million annualy.
With five titles, Brazil is the most successful World Cup team and Brazilians are again top contenders in Qatar. Brazilian team manager Tite earns about €3.6 million, according to Finance Football research.
Read more: Salários dos Treinadores do Mundial FIFA 2022 (Português)
With salaries ranging between €2 million and €3 million per year, Netherlands (Louis Van Gaal), Mexico (Gerardo Martino), Argentina (Lionel Scaloni), Qatar (Félix Sánchez Blas) and Portugal (Fernando Santos) head coaches will also have to prove the money they earn.
While the World Cup host Qatar wants to give a good image to world in the field, the other nations have strong records in the history of football and so a reputation to defend.
Spanish manager annual pay could be a surprise for everyone, but Luis Enrique had recently accepted a 25% pay cut (€350,000) that reduced his annual salary to €1.15 million.
The Finance Football ranking shows that Enrique is behind Murat Yakin (Switzerland), Paulo Bento (South Korea), Graham Arnold (Australia), Gregg Berhalter (USA), Roberto Martínez (Belgium) and Kasper Hjulmand (Denmark).
Hervé Renard (Saudi Arabia) and Hajime Moriyasu (Japan) are in the €1 million club too.
With salaries below €1 million, Diego Alonso (Uruguay) and Zlatko Dalić (Croatia) manage teams that might have a word in the tournament.
The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December. This will be the first World Cup ever to be held in the Arab world, and it will be the second World Cup held entirely in Asia after the 2002 tournament was held in South Korea and Japan.
Best Paid Head Coaches in 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Hans-Dieter Flick (GERMANY) – €6.500.000
- Gareth Southgate (ENGLAND) – €5.800.000
- Didier Deschamps (FRANCE) – €3.800.000
- Tite (BRAZIL) – €3.600.000
- Louis van Gaal (NETHERLANDS) – €2.900.000
- Gerardo Martino (MEXICO) – €2.900.000
- Lionel Scaloni (ARGENTINA) – €2.600.000
- Félix Sánchez Bas (QATAR) – €2.400.000
- Fernando Santos (PORTUGAL) – €2.250.000
- Murat Yakın (SWITZERLAND) – €1.600.000
- Paulo Bento (SOUTH KOREA) – €1.300.000
- Graham Arnold (AUSTRALIA) – €1.300.000
- Gregg Berhalter (USA) – €1.250.000
- Roberto Martínez (BELGIUM) – €1.200.000
- Kasper Hjulmand (DENMARK) – €1.150.000
- Luis Enrique (SPAIN) – €1.150.000
- Hervé Renard (SAUDI ARABIA) – €1.100.000
- Hajime Moriyasu (JAPAN) – €1.050.000
- Vahid Halilhodžić (MAROCCO) – €920.000
- Diego Alonso (URUGUAY) – €860.000
- Gustavo J. Alfaro (ECUADOR) – €770.000
- Dragan Stojković (SERBIA) – €650.000
- Dragan Skočić (IRAN) – €650.000
- Zlatko Dalić (CROATIA) – €550.000
- Czesław Michniewicz (POLAND) – €500.000
- John Herdman (CANADA) – €480.000
- Chris Hughton (GHANA) – €400.000
- Rob Page (WALES) – €380.000
- Luis F. Suárez (COSTA RICA) – €350.000
- Rigobert Song (CAMEROON) – €340.000
- Aliou Cissé (SENEGAL) – €310.000
- Jalel Kadri (TUNISIA) – €130.000
Source: Finance Football research
About Finance Football
Finance Football is a specialized site about financial and economic matters of football. All the data revealed by Finance Football is the output of an intensive and rigorous work of its contributors. Some of figures of “Best paid head coaches in 2022 FIFA World Cup” ranking are not officially confirmed.